How do we pray for evil people, causing destruction and killing people? First and foremost, we have to go back to the scripture that all men were created in the image of God. “So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them” (Genesis 1:27). These men who serve a false god and are creating destruction and take over first and foremost were created in the image of God. It is our responsibility as Christians to pray for their conviction and conversation. We are not condoning what they are doing, but how can we pray for a lost loved one, the person on death row to receive Jesus and not pray for the Taliban to receive the love of the one and only true God.
The Bible instructs us to pray for our enemies.
“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good and sends rain on the just and on the unjust. For if you love those who love you, what reward do you have? Do not even the tax collectors do the same? And if you greet your brothers only, what are you doing more than others? Do not even the tax collectors do so? Therefore be perfect, even as your Father who is in heaven is perfect.” Matthew 5:43-48
Pray for their conversion and conviction. Saul persecuted Christians, had a divine encounter, and became Paul, who was used mightily (Acts 9)!
Use these prayer points to get beyond your flesh and pray for the persecution and destruction.
- Pray that the principalities of pride, control and witchcraft fall.
- Speak and decree audibly into the spiritual atmosphere to destroy evil powers operating through people and over Afghanistan.
- Pray for the protection of life.
- Pray to release the love of God into evil people.
- Pray they receive the true love of God and Holy Spirit conviction.
- Pray they are uncomfortable and convicted of what they are doing.
- Pray for radical conversions and transformations.
- Pray God sends people in their path who they will listen to.
- Pray for divine encounters and visitation.
- Pray they are remorseful for their sin.
- Pray for false gods and idols to be exposed and tore down.
- Pray for peace.